As a tennis expert, you may go for relevant shoes after few months. You would have an idea that some tennis shoes come with a tight finish. This is due to their unique design that leaves sore at your toe or heel. Here comes the need to know about how to stretch cloth tennis shoes.
This process is not difficult and needs basic home components. There is not a single way for this process. Alternatively, more than 5 ways you can adapt to stretch tennis shoes. We have explored these ways one by one. Let us discuss how to stretch cloth sneakers.
These are some quick and home-based remedies that everyone can adopt for successful stretching.
Read more: Best Tennis Shoes for Beginners
Here are the 5 Best WAY TO STRETCH CLOTH TENNIS SHOE
1- Stretch with water
Water is the cheapest way to provide a tease-less finish. But, how to stretch cloth shoes with water? Follow these simple steps and get the perfect fit.
- Arrange two bags with zipping and fill them with water.
- Put one bag in each shoe and place them into the freezer.
- Wait for a whole night or some more time according to your demand.
- Your shoes will stretch with the expansion of water in the bags.
- After the desired time, take them out of the freezer and remove water bags.
- Check them and walk after de-freezing for a new fit.
- You can repeat the whole procedure if the results are unsatisfactory.
2- Stuff with newspaper
How to stretch tennis shoes at home has good demand that can be accomplished with the help of newspaper. To stretch toe and edges, the newspaper is a good option.
- Wear the pair of shoes that needed to be stretch and walk few steps. Locate the area that is needed to expand.
- Take a newspaper and convert them into adjustable balls.
- Fix them into the area of shoes that are causing a disturbance.
- Leave it for 1 to 2 days for the required results.
- After this time, remove the paper balls and check again for satisfaction.
Read more: Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
3- Stretch with microwave
Heat work is the quick source to stretch the fabric of tennis shoes. It works efficiently to expand its fibers that make convenient fitting possible. If your tennis shoes have some metal pieces, then this strategy should not be adopted.
- Clean the shoes from the heel and above.
- Check inside out that there should be no component of metal in the shoes.
- Put your shoes in the microwave and set the time up to 30 seconds.
- After this time, take your shoes out and wear them at once. This strategy would expand the fibers according to your feet.
- After they lose some temperature, remove your feet from your shoes and put them again in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- After wearing them again you can return them to the microwave again, and continue this process until you are satisfied with the size.
4- Stretch with the hairdryer
Another quick way to stretch the shoes is through a hairdryer. This trick also uses heat like microwave type. But here is a small difference in water spray that makes both tricks different.
- Put on a pair of socks made of thick fiber and wear the tennis shoes in question.
- Take a spray bottle full of warm water and moisturize the external surface of shoes.
- In the very next step, apply a hairdryer from all directions while shoes are on your feet. Continue this process for 30 seconds.
- While heating the toe area, move your toe around. This strategy would stretch the fibers in that section.
- Remove the thick socks from your feet and wear regular pairs.
- Now, check for perfection and continue the same process if still unsatisfied.
Read more: How to Choose Right Tennis Shoes
5- Stretch by steam
Sometimes, tennis shoes may get shrink after washing them. In this case, you need some quick strategy to regain the original size. Follow the below steps and maintain the size of your tennis shoes.
- Arrange a tub and fill it with warm water. Alternatively, you can get a tea kettle for this purpose.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands and arms.
- Place the shoes over the steam from the warm water and hold for up to 5 minutes.
- After this time remove the shoes from steam and wait until the temperature lowers down. Keep in mind shoes should be warm but not too hot to burn your skin.
- Wear these shoes and walk here and there for an adjustment.
- After they get cool check the correction of size.
- If still not satisfied, you can repeat the whole step.
Here is a drawback for steam stretching. You may encounter some bad smells. To overcome this issue, the best practice is to place baking soda or essential oil in the warm water. This smell would neutralize the bad smell and would skip irritation.
Various other processes have involved that stretch the tennis shoes effectively, but we have discussed some DIY tips. Alternatively, multiple tools are available in the market that allows you to stretch the shoes with great accuracy.
Read more: Best Tennis Shoes for Toe Draggers
We have discussed how to stretch cloth tennis shoes for your sake. Tennis players encounter the situation of extra grip that makes them uneasy. While playing, good comfort on the feet is necessary for equally amazing performance.
We have tried various ways and mention those which have turned up with the required results. Keep in mind, all these processes are not good for every type of shoe. Like microwave strategy is not fit for metal to contain shoes and so on.
These tips are simple and everyone can do it at home. But some necessary insights are essential. Due to this reason, we have written about how to stretch fabric shoes at home.